Monday, May 11, 2020

I Shall Pass Through This World But Once



In reading my morning devotions for Mary's Month of May I ran across a couple of lines well worth repeating. 

"If you do the will of God, Christ will come to you; He will visit you, for then you are His brother, His sister. 

"Whosoever shall do the will of my Father, that is in heaven," says Christ, "he is your brother, and sister, and mother." (Matth. 12. 50) Together with faith, therefore, good works are demanded.- the performance of the Divine will.  

Learn, therefore to Believe, to do God's will and to perform good works, and God's blessing will always rest upon you.

     I shall Pass thro' this world but once.
     Any good thing that I can do,
     Or any kindness that I can show,
     To any human being whatsoever,
     Let me do it now, and not defer it.
     For I shall not pass this way again.



Omnia ad majorem Dei gloriam

"All to the greater glory of God."  "All our thoughts, words, actions, and desires for God; all for the glory of God, whensoever, wheresoever, and howsoever He wills.