Sunday, December 24, 2023

Merry Christmas Resolution


 Resolution: With heartfelt joy and gratitude, we will renew our good resolves at eh crib of the Divine Child. 

Spiritual Bouquet: "This day is born to you a Savior." (Luke 2, 11).

Affections: O Divine Savior, Who dost love the pure, the simple and the humble of heart, and callest such to Thy manger, behold, I give Thee my poor heart; infuse into it the virtues of Thy holy Childhood, that my whole life may redound to Thy glory, and I become worthy, in union with Mary and Joseph, and all the angels and saints,  to thank Thee for all eternity for the inestimable benefit of the Incarnation. O holy, mysterious night, so full of grace, in which the Eternal Word descended from His heavenly home and became Man! Rejoice and be glad with us, ye heavenly hosts, for the Almighty has worked an incomprehensibly great wonder. The King of eternal glory has assumed the form of a servant, and appeared in this world as a delicate, tender, loving Child. The glory of His splendor illuminates the spiritual darkness. He came, our sweetest Savior, to make us children of God, for it is His pleasure to dwell among us. O Thou amiable, Divine Child, when I consider the incomprehensible love and mercy that induced Thee to assume our human nature, my heart overflows with joy, admiration, adoration and thanksgiving, and my lips must remain silent. No tongue can worthily praise and extol the glory and grace of Thy Holy Incarnation. Thou art the great God, the Prince of Peace, the heavenly Bridegroom of our souls. Thou art our Peace, our Salvation, our Bread off life. What can we give Thee in this hour, other than the oblation of our good will, according to the angels' bidding! We lay it, with the promise of our love and fidelity, at Thy feet. Strengthen and confirm in us the holy sentiments inspired by Thy grace. O Mary and Joseph, in your midst let us lay at the feet of the Holy Infant our tribute of adoration and fervent love, singing with the angels: "Glory to God, in the highest!" (Luke 2, 14). Praise and thanksgiving be to the Blessed Savior Who replenishes our souls with His divine peace!


Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I give you my heart and my soul. 
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, assist me in my last agony. 
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, may I breathe forth my soul in peace with you.