Friday, December 22, 2023

Sunday's Resolution


 Resolution: I will often today be mindful of the presence of God, and by numerous acts of humility, meekness and patience prepare a worthy resting place in my heart for my Divine Savior.

Spiritual Bouquet: "They found no room in the inn."

Affections: What a sublime example of virtue dost Thou set me in Thy journey to Bethlehem, O Virgin Mother of my Savor, and thou, her purest bridegroom, St. Joseph! What humility and obedience do I admire in you! Ye have truly imbibed the spirit of Jesus; love of poverty and seclusion has captivated your hearts. Oh, let me hasten to Bethlehem in your holy company, to behold the wonders of the Most High! Let me share your ardent love, your fervor. Divine Savior, behold we are preparing for Thy gracious advent. Thou shalt not first knock at the door of our hearts to beg admittance; no, we entreat Thee, come into our hearts, watching and expecting we stand at the door until Thou comest! Oh, yes, come soon that Thou mayest no longer be our Emmanuel, but also our Jesus, our Savior. With all the ardor of our soul, we cry to Thee: "O Emmanuel,  our King and Lawgiver, the expectation of the Gentiles, and their Savior, come and save us, O Lord our God."