Friday, December 29, 2023

Saturday's Resolution


 Resolution: With zeal and joy, we will fulfill the holy will of God in our daily prayers.

Spiritual Bouquet: "Let us go over to Bethlehem and let us see what the angel has announced to us, this word that is come to pass."


Affections: O my beloved Savior, filled with joy, I also appear at Thy crib, in order to offer Thee the gratitude of my heart, in union with the happy shepherds. How pleasing to Thee were the faith, the simplicity, the candor of these loyal childlike souls! How bounteously didst Thou reward them with graces and blessings! Oh, let my heart be filled with their sentiments! Let me participate in the enlightenment and operations of grace which Thou dost so generously impart to simple, candid souls who seek Thee alone in the fulfillment of their duties. Grant me zeal animated by Thy love, the I may lead others to Thee, so Thou mayest be known, loved and praised by all in time and in eternity.