Sunday, December 17, 2023

Monday's Resolution

 
Resolution:
I will often entreat God for true self knowledge and sincere contrition.

Spiritual Bouquet: "A contrite and humbled heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise."

Affections: O Divine Savior, teach me to understand that the best preparation for Thy coming consists in true humility. Let me endeavor with all my heart to acquire this virtue, that Thou mayest delight to take up Thy abode in my heart and pour out upon me the abundance of Thy graces. Thou alone, O my Savior, canst give me this so necessary virtue; without Thee all my desires will vanish like vapor; without Thee my resolutions will never be executed. Turn then Thy gracious eyes upon me, O Jesus, and grant that my heart may resemble Thine in humility, meekness and amiability.
     O Holy Virgin, who through thy profound humility, wast a blessed valley which drew the heavenly graces into it, obtain for us all divine light that we may recognize what we are before God and what we ought to be, according to His all-merciful designs. With Holy Church we beg today for Divine Wisdom, which Jesus is ready again to bestow upon us in most generous measure. "O Most High, reaching from end to end, with might and sweetness disposing all things-come and lead us on the path of humility and self-knowledge, which alone leads to eternal salvation."