Sunday, December 31, 2023

Monday's Resolution


Resolution - Animated with grateful love, I will begin a life of love and sacrifice.

Spiritual Bouquet - "I have said it: 'Today I will begin.' "


Affections - O dear Jesus, to prove Thy infinite love for me Thou didst will to shed Thy Precious Blood. Should not the consideration of such love fill me with sincere gratitude, and cause me to exclaim: "lord, I will give Thee love for love, sacrifice for sacrifice. Thou offers for me today the first droplets of Thy Precious Blood, and I give Thee the first moments of the new year which, with the assistance of Thy grace, I resolve to spend in earnest pursuit of genuine virtue and sanctity. Support my good will, dear Jesus. May Thy holy name be my strength, my hope, my salvation, my consolation, and my life. In thy name. I shall courageously undertake the battle against the enemies of my soul, and shall carry the yoke of Thy law with unflinching fidelity."