Friday, December 15, 2023

Saturday's Resolution

 
Resolution:
I will obey cheerfully and readily, when called to a duty, be it by the voice of my superior or by the precepts of our Holy Rule. (from a religious sisters book)

Spiritual Bouquet: "Behold, the handmaid of the Lord, be it done unto me according to Thy word!"

Affections: O Mary, happy Virgin, thou callest thyself a handmaid but thou art also His Mother, His Spouse. Thou art a handmaid, but at the same time Queen of Angels, Thou art the servant most pleasing to God and the object of His tenderest love. Oh, obtain for me the grace always and everywhere to say with ardent love: Behold, O Lord, I am Thy handmaid, be it done unto me according to Ty word. Henceforth I will no longer close my ears to Thy holy inspirations. Speak, Lord, for Thy servant heareth! Thy servant is ready to do Thy Will. But assist me with Thy grace, that I may perfectly fulfill, not only Thy commands, but even Thy slightest wish.