Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Thursday's Resolution


 Resolution: I will unite the mortifications that God may require of me today, with the sufferings that my dear Savior endured for me in the crib.

Spiritual Bouquet: "To those who love God, all things tend to good."

Affections: O Divine Child, Who camest into the world to redeem and sanctify us, what great sacrifices didst Thou not impose upon Thyself, even in the crib, that I might recognize that only a penitential, mortified life can lead to Thy love, and to perfect union with Thee. Yes, henceforward, with the help of Thy grace, I will work zealously at my sanctification. With childlike confidence I will submit to the direction of Thy Divine Providence. Through the voluntary acceptance of the daily contradictions, I will try to secure strength and courage to overcome all difficulties in the road to perfection.