Monday, December 25, 2023

Tuesday's Resolution


 Resolution: I will beg St. Stephen for great love of God and of neighbor.

Spiritual Bouquet: "I see heavens opened and the Son of Man standing on the right hand of God" (Acts 7, 55).

Affections: O Divine Savior, is it not the self-same immeasurable love and mercy that revealed Thee yesterday in the poverty and lowliness of the manger, in the weakness and amiability of childhood, that today reveals Thee in heavenly glory encouraging Thy holy martyr to persevere in the struggle, by holding out to him the crown of victory? yes, O my Jesus, Thou wouldst say: The more you resemble Me in renunciation and patience, in humility and faithful imitation on the way of the cross, the more glorious will be your portion in me and My glory! Oh enrich us with Thy graces, enrich us with the love of God and of neighbor, that therein we may find strength to fight for Thee, in order to enter Thy glory, to which Thou didst today call Thy faithful servant. 


Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I give you my heart and my soul. 
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, assist me in my last agony. 
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, may I breathe forth my soul in peace with you.