Thursday, January 11, 2024

Friday's Resolution

Click Image to Enlarge


Resolution - In all my actions, I will be guided by the spirit and the principles of faith.

Spiritual Bouquet - "Now Thou dost dismiss Thy servant, O Lord, according to Thy word in peace."

Affections - What worthy models of true sanctity do I behold in the pious Simeon and the prophetess Anna! Replenished with the Holy Spirit, they led a supernatural, holy life. I, took am called to such a life, but, alas, I am lacking in faithful co-opperation with the graces imparted to me so plentifully, daily and hourly, in religion. Oh, that my heart would no longer resist the promptings of the Holy Ghost, Who would lead me to perfection! Pardon, O my God-I am sorry for having resisted Thy enlightenments in the past, by means of which Thou wouldst advance me in virtue and perfection. From this day forward, I will walk faithfully in Thy holy presence and by prayer and mortification endeavor to render myself worthy of Thy especial grace and friendship..

Click on Image to Enlarge