Thursday, January 18, 2024

Friday's Resolution

O Mary, O Joseph, teach me to seek Jesus as you sought Him, that should I ever be so unhappy as to lose Him, I may deserve the happiness of finding Him again in a more intimate union.


Resolution - I will conquer that fault, especially, which is most opposed to my spiritual progress.

Spiritual Bouquet - "You shall find me if you seek me with all your heart."

Affections
 
Mary and Joseph lost Thee, O my Jesus, without any fault of theirs. Dare I wonder if, occasionally, Thou withdraws Thy palpable presence and the genial light of Thy grace from me, a poor sinner? Though I have not anew offended Thee grievously, nevertheless, I displease Thee frequently through my utter neglect in Thy service. I repent of this fault with all my heart, and resolve to live with greater humility, solicitude and love. Let me find Thee, dear Lord, when I seek Thee sorrowing, and grant me the grace to derive growth in virtue from the trials that Thou sendest for my sanctification.