Saturday, January 6, 2024

Sunday's Resolution

Click on Image to Enlarge


Resolution - I will faithfully follow the promptings of grace and practice the virtues too which they incite me.

Spiritual Bouquet - "Draw me, O my God, and I  will follow Thee in the odor of Thy ointments."

Affections - How does the docility of the Magi to the guidance of the star put me to shame! How zealously and perseveringly did they seek Thee, my Jesus, and that, too, when the star had disappeared-they continued the search with the same longing and eagerness. Henceforth, I will always be prepared to fulfill the holy Will of God as soon as the star of faith bids me recognize it, without even a moment's hesitation, since my sanctification and eternal happiness may be dependent upon one moment, a single act of obedience. Have compassion, O Jesus, with my weakness; since Thou dost imbue me with the desire to be faithful to Thee, do Thou Thyself support my fidelity. May Thy grace, mighty in the the weak, strengthen me in the time of tribulation, that I may praise and bless Thee, also at such times, by the perfect accomplishment of Thy holy Will, which shall henceforth constitute all my happiness!